Disclaimer: If you like birds; don't read! Slightly bad words may be present...
Yesterday I was looking for inspiration... After being cooped up all winter I haven't been feeling very crafty. I want to be outside sprucing up my front porch or garage sale hunting. Well ask for inspiration and you shall receive. It just may not be in the form you were looking for.
We've had out windows up lately. Letting the cool night air in. Whe-he-hell... This morning I was sitting in bed watching the news and doing my make-up. My usual morning routine. Then something crazy happened... A bird flew in my friggin' window!
Now we used to have screens on our windows and would open them all the way to let in the breeze. (we don't have central heat or air so in the summer this is a must!) Not only do our dogs EAT windows, they jump through them. So we've taken down the screens and only open the window a couple of inches... BAD IDEA!
When the bird first flew in I just sat there stunned. I did a double take. This was my thought process:
- A bird just flew through that window.
- Wait... DO WHAT?!?!
- Did I REALLY just see that?
- Ummmm yes that is a BIRD flying around in my bathroom!!!
- Oh I better get a picture of this to put on the blog or they will NEVER believe me! (Grab Blackberry)
- (Walk towards bathroom to see if I can get a good picture... Hemi-my dog- follows)
Hemi- Bird hunter!
- If he would just sit on the ledge really still I could get a picture...
- (Bird starts flying around) AHHHHHH Holy Crap I think I've seen this in a movie once... It's going to attack me!!!!
- (Run and hide- Bird still circling the room, Lands in the curtains)
- Oooo good photo op!
- No!!!! The dogs are going to get him!!!
- "Hemi, Deuce, GET DOWN! NO! Stop trying to get it! LEAVE THE DAMN BIRD ALONE!"
- (Bird starts flying around AGAIN!)
- AHHHHH NOW IT'S REALLY MAD AND IT'S TRYING TO EAT ME!!!!
- (SLAM- Bird hits window)
- Holy Crap... Did that jut really happen?
- "Hemi, Deuce! Leave it alone! Don't touch it!!!"
- (Walking around the bed really slowly...)
- OMG It did just happen!
Moral of the story... ALWAYS HAVE SCREENS ON YOUR WINDOWS!!!
Inspiration... Window screens will be re-installed THIS weekend!!
Happy Friday Y'all!