Friday, September 2, 2011

Hair Tutorial: Beach Waves

I'm jealous. I LOVE long hair in soft beachy waves. LOVE IT!

YES Carrie Underwood.... I'm jealous of your long, golden, wavy locks.
{Not only that but you are gorgeous... and can sing like the dickens!}

Welllllll Mrs. Carrie... I know your secret!


A SOCK BUN!!!!


Mom told me about ^^^this^^^ video so I decided to try it out.

Step 1: Find a single sock and cut the toes off. Then roll it in on its self to create the donut you see above.


Step 2: Wash and dry your hair (I left my hair slightly damp). Yes I know they say that curls last longer in dirty hair, but I have REALLY oily hair that I HAVE to wash EVERY DAY. So Wash and Dry, leaving your hair slightly damp.


Step 3:  Place your hair in a HIGH ponytail. Do a loose ponytail so that you won't get a crease.
Step 4: Dampen your ponytail. In the video she uses water to dampen her hair, I used a curling mist from Avon.


Step 4: Put the sock donut around your ponytail and pull your hair through. Starting at the tip of your ponytail roll your hair around the sock all the way to your scalp to create a bun. (Watch Video to see what I mean. Kinda hard to photograph)


Step 5: Go to sleep. Wake up the next morning. Get ready, do your make-up, brush your teeth, get dressed. Regular routine. When your about ready to walk out the door. Undo the sock bun and see the beautiful curls!


Step 6: Finger comb through your hair and part.


BAM beachy waves!

WARNING! Sock Bun technique may take a couple of tries to get it down. You MAY end up looking like a Who from Whoville!


I'll be linking up to THESE awesome parties!

5 comments:

  1. fun idea, those pictures are priceless! very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first try was terrible! Thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I definitely want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were one of the most viewed links at last week's {wow me} wednesday party! Congrats! Featuring you over on my blog tonight. :)

    Ginger@gingersnapcrafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you're just extremely wonderful. I really like what you've acquired here, really like what you
    are saying and the way in which you say it. You make it
    entertaining and you still take care of to keep it
    smart. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually
    a terrific website.
    Here is my webpage ; insomnia causes and cures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...