Monday, November 29, 2010

I'm Back!!!

First off I want to say that I'm sorry I missed Friday's post! I know I said I would be back but I was enjoying my 4 day weekend! I also got a little surprise Saturday! My mom came down and surprised me with an early birthday present!










I'm soooooo ecstatic! I've been playing with it the past couple days! Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who got me the Cricut and my accessories! Once I've got it figured out I'm making some thank you cards for all of you! 

So anyways on to today's post! I said I would have a tasty recipe for you. So what's cookin'?




Monkey Bread!
What you'll need:
  • 2 Can's of Cinnamon Rolls
  • 1 Box of Raisins (They didn't have a big box so I got a package of individual boxes)
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • Cream cheese and Powdered Sugar if you want homemade icing (I just use the stuff that comes with the cinnamon rolls)
  • Bunt Pan (If that's what it is really called?!?! I dont' know technical terms here!)




Start by opening the Cinnamon rolls and cutting pieces about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch. After every layer or so I but some raisins.




After you've cut up 1 package of cinnamon rolls melt 1 stick of butter and pour into the pan.




Next cut up the other package of cinnamon rolls and layer more raisins as you go. When you're finished do not add any raisins to the top of the mixture. Burnt raisins are not tasty... I did that the first time I made this.

Bake at 350 until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Flip onto a cake plate or other serving dish.




Add icing and enjoy!
  
  


Side Note: Going somewhere with a cake and don't have a cake plate or other "meant for cakes" storage container? Flip over a large bowl and use the lid as the plate! It works perfect for rounded cakes like this monkey bread!

Another Side Note: I'm on my second week of 5 Dinners in 1 Hour and I can not rave about this enough! Not only does it help me sooooo much with time management but Gary and I are eating healthier too! And the food is soooooo delicious!!! Go check it out and SIGN up today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...