"Tonight we make soap"
Yes I did steal the title from Fight Club (amazing movie!), but no we're not making that kinda soap! This weekend I made laundry soap! Here's what you're gonna need!
- Baking Soda/ (what's the big difference?)
- A bar of soap (Mom says to use Dove because it breaks down easier but I foundto work just fine!)
- A big bowl
- Cheese grater &
- I measured out about 2 Cups of Borax and 2 Cups of Baking Soda. (Yes I said "about" because it's not rocket science it's laundry soap!)
2. Then you take the bar of soap and grate it with the cheese grater.
3. After that mix it all up in the big bowl till it looks like this:
Per load size I use:
- Large load about 2 Tbl Spoons
- Medium about 1 1/2 Tbl Spoon
- Small about 1 Tbl Spoon
I LOVE this stuff! It cost about $7 for the Borax and Baking Soda and I used a bar of Gary's soap (so what 10-20 cents?)
I only used about a third of each box to make this batch and it should last me about 2-3 months. I like that kinda money saving! $7 every 9 months or $5 a month on liquid detergent? I think I'll keep making soap!