Monday, March 21, 2011

Shamrock Texas {100 Years and still Rockin}

How was your weekend? I hope it was GREAT! This weekend we took a family vacation! We all traveled up to the Texas panhandle for Shamrock's 100th anniversary celebration!

Here's a little bit of history for ya!

Shamrock was founded in 1911 and my great great grandfather was the first ever poilce chief! Since it was their 100th year celebration and they were also honoring my great great grandfather we were given the opportunity to be the GRAND MARSHALL'S of the parade! Whoot whoot!

Here's some pics from this weekend!

{3Generations}


{We had a horse drawn carriage}

{Grandma Beach- My great great grandfather's youngest daughter- and my Aunt M}

{Mom and Me}

{Mom and BF J}




{Sarah K and Me}

{The ABC Crew}

{Grandma Beach and the Rodeo Clown}

{Whom she got a shot of something green from}


{Mom and Grandma Beach}

After the Parade we walked around town. I had to take some pics of the historic Magnolia gas station.






Later that night we went to the concert and some of us got our boots scootin'! Ty Herndon was the featured band!


{Love our necklaces? But my Rosette necklace from Pink Lemonade and Sarah's from Simple Daisy}






The next morning we woke up and headed out. G and I decided to travel down Route 66 some!
{Yes Shamrock is on Historic Route 66!!!}







And then we took the long road home...


We had a WONERFUL time! If you are ever in the West Texas panhandle... stop on by and enjoy the town!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...