Thursday, July 28, 2011

Friday Eye Candy {14- Shopping for a Cause}


I know I know it's a day early! But I want to give y'all all the chance y'all can to shop for a cause!

I read the story of Rachel Beckwith, a 9 year old little girl with a HUGE heart. Rachel was asking for donations instead of birthday gifts for her 9th birthday.

Here's a direct quote from her website that she set up.

"I found out that millions of people don't live to see their 5th birthday," Rachel wrote. "And why? Because they didn't have access to clean, safe water so I'm celebrating my birthday like never before. I'm asking from everyone I know to donate to my campaign instead of gifts for my birthday. Every penny of the money raised will go directly to fund freshwater projects in developing nations."
 

Rachel had a goal of $300. She raised $220 by her birthday. Shortly after her 9th birthday she died in a tragic accident. Since then her mother has reopened Rachel's website in hopes of earning more money for a cause that Rachel cared so deeply about.

How can you help?

You can donate HERE directly
-OR-
You can shop for a cause!


 
from now till August 1st EVERY sign you purchase from Sign Me Up I will donate $9 to Rachel's fund for clean drinking water in developing countries.

I've listed some new items as well... Check them out!





You can ready the story where I learned about Rachel HERE
her donation site is HERE


Thank you in advance for everyone who helps out her cause!

I'll be linking up to THESE parties!

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...