Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Day Tradition 2011

Here is our trip from new years day 2011! Once again I wanted to see the mountains! So we filled up the car with gas and headed back to Arkansas! This time I had some idea of which way to go! North!!


Here is us before we left. {no I do not have a giant bruise on my forehead it was the shadow of G's hat!}

See! Lol


We headed north on Scenic Byway 7. We crossed over this lake. It was beautiful! I only got one cruddy shot because we were driving... fast...


Then we ended up in Hot Springs, Arkansas! Here are some of the pics!











I wish they were open! Pancakes sounded soooo good!





Of course my gear-head hubby liked this building because it had the Chevy Bowtie symbol... Can you find it?






They even had cute little park benches set up for playing chess or checkers. How cute is that?!?!


The town was soooo beautiful! I think everyone should visit! We ate at a cute little mom and pop restaurant called Grandma's Kitchen! It was really good home cooked food! I can't wait to go back another time! After we left there we took the long road home and continued up through the mountains, over to Fort Smith, Arkansas and back down through Oklahoma! Once again we traveled three states and over 550 miles in one day! We absolutely love our new found tradition and can't wait for next year to find some new wonderful towns! (No we don't always wait a year... Sometimes we just get the itch and go! Feel free to go whenever the time feels right!) How was your new years day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...