Saturday, January 8, 2011

I have a problem...

 I have a problem... a big one... I want to redecorate my living room, dining room, and bedroom. I just don't know what I want to do.
I think I have a great idea. Then I get on the computer and look at your homes and I want them too. I can't make up my mind. 

G and I are retro... We have a Drag Racing team, love the pin-up style, love 50's movie stars.
G and I are country... We wear cowboy boots, we live in the country, and we love vintage thrifting.

This is my problem. We have 2 VERY distinct styles that don't really go together. Sarah K came up with the term "retro shabby" Yeah... doesn't really go together does it? So now I am asking for y'alls help. This is some of my inspiration...


Bedroom:





I love that each of these rooms have a vintage feel. G likes green, I like royal blue.

Kitchen: I know I didn't mention the kitchen but the way the house flows I would need to do a little sprucing up in there.


I love the retro feel of the first kitchen.
I love the clean vintage feel of the second.

Living Room:




I love the comfort of room one with a mix of blacks and browns.
I love the down home feel of the second room. It feels lived in and welcoming.
I love the colors of room three.



Please help me! I need advice! I need to know what you all think! I would love to get all of y'alls feedback! Please help us out!

3 comments:

  1. I love the first Bedroom, the 2nd kitchen and the 2nd living room, but those are stages that I am going through right now! I have always leaned towards neutrals and whites and browns, beiges. Then a few years ago painted my house with alot of color wich was fun for awhile but now find myself wanting the soothing nuetrals again. You need to take time to make sure which style you want as they are pretty different from eachother. Have fun decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well....I am pretty fond of the second to the last one *wink* I love so many different styles , like you. I couldn't possibly categorize it all into "ONE" style. I find that if you go shopping (whether it's for new or old) and just buy things you just can't live without . Your space just some how comes together ! I used to buy things I thought would go together and was never satisfied. Now, I go through a store very quickly and only buy the things that POP out at me and I couldn't be happier with my home!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the input ladies!!! I think we've got it figured out now and I can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! They make my day! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...